Copyright Complaint Steps
HostRider requires DMCA notices to be filed via fax or letter. The complaint must include full contact information in the complaint (including phone number). We will call and verify. Email (unless digitally signed by a verified and trusted third party) is not an acceptable medium for legal complaints. This ticket system has received what appears to be a possible DMCA complaint, but one or more of the following are missing: (a) the complaint does not contain sufficient information (b) the format of the complaint is inconsistent with the requirements of the DMCA (c) the complaint has been submitted via email without proper authentication (d) full contact information is missing. We will need you to re-submit your claim, using the proper format, including sufficient details, via postal mail or fax. Instructions on how to do so follow.
It is our policy to respond to clear notices of alleged copyright infringement. This response describes the information that should be present in these notices. It is designed to make submitting notices of alleged infringement to us as straightforward as possible while reducing the number of notices that we receive that are fraudulent or difficult to understand or verify. The form of notice specified below is consistent with the form suggested by the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the text of which can be found at the U.S. Copyright Office Web Site, http://www.copyright.gov) but we will respond to notices of this form from other jurisdictions as well.
To file a notice of infringement with us, you must provide a written communication that sets forth the items specified below. Please note that you will be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys fees) if you materially misrepresent that a product or activity is infringing your copyrights. Accordingly, if you are not sure whether material available online infringes your copyright, we suggest that you first contact an attorney.
- 1. Identify in sufficient detail the copyrighted work that you believe has been infringed upon (for example, The copyrighted work at issue is the text that appears on http://www.hostrider.in/tos/) or other information sufficient to specify the copyrighted work being infringed (for example, The copyrighted work at issue is ?Intellectual Property: Valuation, Exploitation, and Infringement Damages? by Gordon V. Smith, published by Wiley, ISBN #047168323X).
- Identify the material that you claim is infringing the copyrighted work listed in item #1 above. You must identify each web page that allegedly contains infringing material. This requires you to provide the URL for each allegedly infringing result, document, or item.
- An example:
- Infringing Web Pages:
- Provide information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you.
- Provide information, if possible, sufficient to permit us to notify the owner/administrator of the allegedly infringing webpage or other content (email address is preferred).
- Include the following statement: I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- Include the following statement: I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Sign the paper.If via postal mail, send the written communication to the following address:
Webnet ITES Services, HostRider
Attn: Abuse Department, DMCA Complaint
C-16/A East Arjun Nagar,
New Delhi – 110032
OR fax to:
(011) 30183955, Attn: Abuse Department, DMCA Complaint
OR you may use our online form: